- An umbrella (better if it’s compact) or a good raincoat- for any region or time of the year.
- Hat, sunscreen, lip balm and sunglasses.
- Earplugs because Bhutanese dogs are a noisy lot.
- Trekking poles for steep hikes to temples and monasteries.
- Swimming costumes for hot stone baths.
- A flashlight for power cuts and to see the interior of dark temples.
- Motion-sickness medication for long road journeys.
- Slip-on shoes so that you can take them off while visiting sacred sites.
Modified from the Lonely Planet: Bhutan